Before You Go
Or submit your CV to us
Leaving for the UK?
Use this page as your Essential checklist – everything you need to get organised, in the last 6 weeks before you embark on your journey: from Finance and Travel Information to Medical checks and Documentation.
Job Board Services
Have you just recently relocated to the UK? This website has been created for you to find all the info you need. Here are some quick links to get you started:
A simple checklist to observe the weeks before you travel to London and the UK whether coming here for a job or an extended holiday.
6 Weeks until arrival
- Make sure that all of your finances are up to date, complete a tax form & ensure that any loans or debts you have are paid off, or payments are set up to cover it whilst you are away.
- It may be a good idea for you to also get a police check done before you arrive. This will assist you should you need to do any temporary work whilst you are in the UK.
- Buy travel guides
- Buy a London A-Z
5 Weeks until arrival
- If you are travelling from South Africa, it may be a good idea to get a chest x-rays done before you leave & also a letter from your doctor stating that you do not have TB. This will save the possibility of having an x-ray when you arrive at the airport.
- If you have a mobile (cell) phone, it is a good idea to either buy a new pay as you go phone when you arrive in the UK, or get a UK sim card for your existing phone.
4 Weeks until arrival
- Bring three months current bank statements from your bank with you. If not ask for them to be forwarded on to the UK. This is essential when trying to open a bank account in the UK.
- Notify your local council/government that you are leaving to go travelling, and will be unable to vote. This may save you paying a fine when you return home.
3 Weeks until arrival
- Make sure you have booked some accommodation for your travels and your final destination.
- You can book hostels on line at www.inlondon.com – or –
- even try www.thegumtree.com for some ideas of rental costs etc.
2 Weeks until arrival
- Get written references to bring with you. Make sure it is on the companies letter headed paper, and that who ever has written it has signed it and included their job title.
- Photocopy important documents such as visas, travellers cheques, passport, vaccination certificates and qualification certificates and leave with someone at home, just incase you lose one of them when you arrive here.
1 Week until arrival
- Start to pack. If you are like to majority of holidaymakers, you are probably going away for at least 2 years. Don’t forget you will more than certainly end up going home with more than you came with.