Welcome to London and the UK
Arriving in the UK can be a daunting experience – finding a job and accommodation can be challenging, and it can be stressful sorting out your finances, taxes and getting to grips with the transport system.
Get A UK Job aims to provide professionals arriving from overseas with everything they need to find work and get set up in the UK.
- Get help and advice on how to find UK jobs that meet your earnings and career potential so that you can make the most of your time in the UK
- If you are an IT professional, get preferential access to our recommended employment partner who specialises in recruiting international candidates
- Discover useful resources on finding temporary and long term accommodation including information on the different types of accommodation available, how to find it, and how much you should be paying on rent
- Find restaurants, bars and things to do in your time off work in our entertainment section.
- Get information on UK work visas and understand the basics of the UK tax system
- Explore our Frequently Asked Questions such as how to open a UK bank account, how to get around on public transport and how to register with a doctor
Have you just recently relocated to the UK? This website has been created for you to find all the info you need for looking for a job and accommodation. Here are some quick links to get you started:
- What is contracting, permanent and temporary employment?
- How do I apply for my NI card? (for tax )
- Where’s the best place to look for jobs?
- Where do I find temporary accommodation?
- How do I open a bank account?
Learn how to get a UK job quickly.
Take advantage of the job search tools and resources provided on this website. From guidance on UK job search, to tips on writing a UK CV, and where to look for work, Get A UK Job’s aim is to help you hit the ground running so you can start earning and achieve your career goals quickly.