FAQs on living in London & the UK
We hope you have a successful move and enjoy living in London & the UK. We’ve included a list of questions we are often asked, covering a range of subjects from UK public transport to opening a UK bank account and more… If you don’t see the answer, just ask!
Before You go
Some questions on preparing for your move to London:-
Here are a few things people like to know about living in London and the UK, and how to get set up in the first few months:-
- What’s it like living in the UK?
- What can I expect about the quality of life in the UK?
- What’s the UK cost of living?
- Is it easy to get around? What’s public transport like in the UK?
- How do I find a doctor or dentist in the UK?
In case you didn’t find all the information you need on our UK Job Search pages, check out these FAQs on finding jobs in London & the UK.
- What are the UK job prospects?
- Do you always receive a quick response to job applications?
- How do I start looking for work in the UK?
- Can I get a job before I arrive?
- Find the right UK jobs
Here is some further info that might be useful for finding amenities and utilities once you’ve found a place to live:-
Getting your finances sorted is one of the first things you’ll want to do once you’re living in London or the UK. Here are a few FAQs that might help:-
- How do I open a UK bank account?
- What do I need to do when I start working?
- What do I need to know about the UK tax system?
Once you’ve settled in the UK, you’ll probably want to make the most of living so close to the continent. Here’s some helpful info to plan those European trips:-
- How can I make the most of my Overseas Experience and see Europe?
- Links for Ferries, Trains, Flights and Tours
There’s plenty of opportunities to participate in sport once you’re living in the UK. Here’s some useful info:-