Information on UK work visas

Guide to UK Work Visas 

Get the essential info on UK work visas – If you’re coming to live and work in the UK, you will need to gain entry clearance by obtaining a valid UK visa. That is unless you have or are eligible for a UK or EU passport.

There are several visa options available that will enable you to work in the United Kingdom. The type of visa you can get depends on your nationality, age, ancestry and work experience. This UK work visa guide aims to give you all the relevant information you need to determine which visa best suits your requirements, your eligibility, and how you can apply or find further info.

You can apply for most UK work visas yourself from the UK government’s visa pages on its website. If you need help determining which uk work visa is best suited to your circumstances, you can use this helpful tool.

Please note, we are not a UK visa agent. But if you need help with organising and processing visas, we suggest you get in touch with one.


Types of UK work visas

UK Ancestry Visa

If you’re intending to work in the UK and can prove that one of your grandparents was born in the UK, you could be eligible for an ancestry Visa

| Ancestry Visa Information |

Tier 5 Visa (Two Year Youth Mobility Visa – previously known as UK Working Holiday Visa)

Make the most of your time in the UK with a Youth Mobility Visa, entitling you to work for up to two years in a job of your choice.

| Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Visa) Information |

Tier 2 Visa (UK Sponsorship Visas – Previously known as UK Work Permit)

These can only be arranged by an employer or licensed sponsor in the UK to enable you to live and work in the UK for a maximum of 5 years.

| Tier 2 (Sponsorship) Information |

Tier 1 Visa (Exceptional Talent, Entrepreneur and Investor Visas)

This program allows highly skilled migrants who are exceptional in their field to enter the UK, or wanting to set up a business or bring in money to invest

| Tier 1 Information |

UK Family and Dependant Visas

These visas allow an applicant to apply to live in the UK based with family member who is living there.

| Family and Dependant Visa Information |

Other UK Visa Types

Find out about other visa types and how to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain

| Other UK Visa types |